[T3] 1974 Super Beetle Royal Blue Engine Tin Problems

In a message dated 11/7/01 10:33:37 PM Central Standard Time,
DGaries808@aol.com writes:

<< Subj: 1974 Super Beetle Royal Blue Engine Tin Problems
 Date:  11/7/01 10:33:37 PM Central Standard Time
 From:  DGaries808@aol.com
 Sender:    list-owner@hvwc.net
 To:    list@hvwc.net
 CC:    vintagvw@listproc.sjsu.edu

 Started putting the engine tin back on the 1974 and ran into a few snags.
 First, the  royal blue engine tin gave me a problem. The alternator was
oxidized all       over  the back, and hadda be painted royal blue. That
meant losing a whole day
 waiting on the  paint to be matched.

 Then, the air cleaner was made of plastic. It was originally black. This
 meant that I hadda buy some "Plastic Prep" to paint the air cleaner royal
 blue. Then I found a coupla dual port boots that were bad and hadda replace
 them.

 This left a small area in front of the engine (the block) that I need to do
 something about.  I haven't decided what. Also, the fuel pump needs to be
 painted royal blue.. There's a lotta problems with changing the color of the
 engine tin that I hadn't realized before. It would have been so much easier
 had everything been powder coated black.

 Don Garies
 dgaries808@aol.com