Re: [T3] Heater hook-up

On 7 Nov 2001, at 12:23, Dave Campen wrote:

> From: Shawn Teegarden <ateup@blitz-it.net>

> > 1.  Can the top inlet to the hot air mixer be blocked off, as I don't have the
> > rear heat exchangers nor elbow peices, and if it is, what will it
> hurt?

> Yes you can. In fact you should, as when the thermostat inside opens, it
> will allow hot air to escape if the hole isn't blocked. It won't hurt
> anything else.

Well, it will probably destroy the thermostat in there, because it will then get
too hot, but If you're not going to use that system that's no real loss.

If you think you might want to go back to the OE system someday, then it's
better to remove the thermostat and block off the upper opening.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054