Re: [T3] Note on FI power relay

On 6 Nov 2001, at 13:34, Mike Wodkowski wrote:

> So I was turning off my car today, and when I did so, it took a second or
> two for the power relay to click off. It did so exactly at the moment the
> engine killed out. It sounded more as though the clicking off of the relay
> was the result of the engine turning off than the other way around. I know,
> we're splitting seconds here, but. I got a new relay from Jim. Maybe it goes in
> this weekend.

Those relays are also easy to open up and inspect; all you need is a good
pair of pliers. It might be interesting to see if there is something obviousily
wrong with the relay contacts. If they need it the contacts could be cleaned
up with a point file, or just a clean piece of paper, depending on how bad
they are.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org