RE: re: [T3] Proper operation

On 6 Nov 2001, at 6:44, Allyn de Vars wrote:

> I was under the impression that some US cars (not VWs) used the brake light
> filament as the indicator, so if you turn while braking one brake light is on
> constant, and the other is flashing. I wasn't suggesting that the brake lights
> blink on and off as you stop ;-)

Yes, this is correct. I find it annoying, especially if the driver is pumping the
brake or if one brake light is burned out. I've seen cars where the driver was
subconsiously syncing his braking with the TS relay so that from behind we
see the lights flashing: left, right, left, right....

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054