RE: [T3] Tie Rods

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Did your *clunk* come from the front?  I kind of doubt a ball joint would
suddenly fail and start to clunk like that.  I'm not sure though.  Is the
boot on the ball joint torn?  If not, I'll bet the joint is good.  You can
test for axial play in the joints per Bentley.

If your ball joints turn out to be bad, good replacements will be hard to
find I think.  For example, it's easy to wiggle the stem from side to side
on the replacements.  But the OEM parts have spring-loaded stems to resist
this movement.  I put some aftermarket Italian ball joints on a '70 Fastback
I used to own.  I doubt very much they will last as long as the original
ball joints on my current '69.

-Mark Fuhriman

</x-charset>