[T3] Lights, but no action.....

<x-charset Windows-1252>Ralph's story about lights reminded me of my frustration with my "new"
Volkswagen--the 1967 Squareback I bought from Charlie Whitney.  The turn
signals will illuminate when the switch is set to turn either left or right,
but will only blink when I press on the brake pedal.  The turn signal will
blink one time for each time i press on the brake.  However, the 4-way
flasher (hazard lamps) operate perfectly.  What gives?

Stumped in Vermont

Allyn de Vars
1962 VW 1500 Karmann Ghia
1963 VW 1500 Karmann Ghia