[T3] my petronics is dead

<x-charset iso-8859-1>hello all.
             having come back sorted all my kit out after two months away i
got round to putting my engine back in yesterday morning and it wouldnt
start!
             so fault finding head on i traced it down to no spark pulled my
009 out with my petronics electric ignition in and put my vacume only
advance distributor in the one with the real big vaccume can on it set the
timing static -basic and it fired up first time i ran it for a while but had
other things to do so happy that it was going left it till this morning to
do some proper timeing etc.
     so to today not being to sure where to set it with my strobe i checked
it was at roughly 5 btdc then went for a drive.
     the crazy pull away hesitation is gone obvously should of got rid of
the 009 sooner however! my cylinder head temp has gone up 50 degrees ! being
a seat of the pants guy i drove it up and down route b3 stopping at
stratigic points to turn the dizzy ive got to a point where its so retarded
now that the engine feels as if it s just going to die on me and the temp
has only slightly dropped on my head gauge .
      could this be due to a weeker spark ie points instead of petronics or
do i need to turn my idle up and retard further ??
      or shall i make my life simple and ask if anybody knows the actuall
setting for a vacume only advance dizzy on a carb engine.
        this has been a double edged sord im glad i got rid of the 009 and
the horrible hesitation that came with it but im not so immpressed with my
rise in head temps!
       any thoughts.
neil verdon 66 sqr on irs pan
best among equals rise to the top.