Re: [T3] EFI to Carbs

On 2 Nov 2001, at 13:51, Wuzmop@aol.com wrote:

> Well, the pressure sensor is NOS bosch that I just installed,but I cannot get it
> up to a medium RPM to check the voltage. It will run at about 5-600 RPM with the
> pedal to the floor. The mechanical advance mechanism appears to be ok. The spark
> plugs at this point are extremely black and I am suprised that they will fire at
> all, but all other tune up adjustments have been made. It did run good in the
> driveway for about 30 minutes the first time I fired it up,but the next day when
> I tried to start it started acting like this.

Sounds like the plugs have gotten fouled. Running rich can do this. Try a
fresh set.

Try sucking on the pressure sensor anyway.

Measure the system voltage as best you can.Do this with the fresh plugs if
possible, so you have the best chance to get the RPMs up. What do you
get? Do you have a charger that you could put on it even when it is running,
just to keep the voltage up?
-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org