Re: [T3] T34 wheel question

Neil wrote:

>>This car could easily have wheel adapters on it so it could run 4 lug
rims.<<

True, the track does look a little wide.

>>The thing that would worry me about this car more than anything else
is the
VIN. The seller says the VIN is 6 105 680.<<

Something is wrong here, because T34s never had 7-digit VINs. Could be
that it's actually 316 105 680, which would make it an early 66 and
would also explain the 4-lug wheels.

Anyone considering a bid should be very careful with this one. I'm
highly suspicious of the claimed mileage--125682 or 225682 would be more
likely. The car is not original and complete: aftermarket wheels, monza
exhaust, missing front bumper, missing rear script, apparently
repainted. This points to the probability of many other mods that aren't
visible in the pictures. If it hasn't already met reserve at $3450 then
the reserve is too high for this car.

Scott
62 1500 Ghia
65 1500S Squareback Sedan