Re: pressure sensor?

On 1 Nov 2001, at 18:15, JASON CORNFELD wrote:

>     whats up, okay how can the overflow hose mess it up? when i fill
>     up my tank too much it will spill out the overflow hose. thats
>     whats supposed to happen right?

The normal function of the "overflow hose" is to allow the high point
in the tank to vent its air when you fill up so you can completely fill
the tank. It is mis-named, so gas is never supposed to spill out
there.

The unexpected consequence is that water, lots of water, can be
pumped in a cracked "overflow" hose if you drive the car in the rain.
This water in the gas tank can make you wonder why your car is
running so poorly when you think everything should be fine.

I once drained a gallon of water out of the bottom of one of these
tanks. It was still running, but poorly.