Re: [T3] Generator

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Thursday 01 November 2001 18:56, Erick Williams wrote:
> Just a simple question. If I had to, for an emergency,
> could I use a bug generator to get me home or for a
> little while? I know that the bug gen is hooked up to
> the fan shroud but when all that stuff is off it still
> could work right?

The T-1 generator would overheat in a T-3. The hole in the side of a T-3
generator is there for cooling air. On a T-1 generator, the cooling air is
moved through the generator by the engine fan, through the end plates.
It would get you home, probably, but I don't know how long it would last.
(don't run your 1000W stereo while using a T-1 generator on a T-3.)

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT