Re: [T3] Blow by/hard warm starting

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Thursday 01 November 2001 16:36, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 1 Nov 2001, at 13:41, dubdriver wrote:
> > I just don't understand why it no longer drops to zero when all I did was
> > reset the pressure...I realize this is a good thing, just don't
> > understand the relationship between the one thing and the other.
>
> I don't understand either. They should not be related. ????
>
> I suppose the higher pressure might cause the check/relief valve to
> move too far and stick in place instead of dropping back where it belongs.
> I've never seen this happen, but I never adjust the pressure up to 34 psi,
> either.

The higher pressure could cause the regulator to stick also. High pressure
can do funny things to pressure regulators. We fight it all the time at work,
but then our regulators are fixed pressure regulators after they leave my
calibration machines. For us, we calibrate them 5 at a time in about 30
seconds, and that includes the time to move them in and out of the machine,
and then run a series of test on them. The actual calibration takes about 5
seconds.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT