Re: [T3] Ignition alternatives

Hal:
As a  owner of a 87 Syncro Vanagon and a 87 cabriolet  I have a little in
insight into what your are talking about. Late model Rabbits ran the Hall
effect internals, even the cabbrios until 87 or so when the switch to the
Digifant ignition. My 87 cabriolet is non digifant, but the Vanagon is digifant
which has a computer and electronic FI. My old 78 Rabbit has points, buth I
have the Pointless setup for it, but havent tried it.

I am going to do spme expermenting with some altertnative Ingition and FI next
year to see what I can hammer together to work with a aircooled engine.

I really learned a lot about FI with my first squareback. Our electronic FI is
about as basic as you can get, but very bullit proof. As times goes on
replacement parts will become expensive and hard to find. So I want to see what
might work.

Richard (PapaG)