RE: [T3] empi valve covers or not?

I'm not sure how you are directing your message, either to me or just in
general (with my message just sparking the discussion :)

Breathers:  All my hi-perf builders insist on 'em.  Fye, you wanna
elaborate?  I have my after-market case breather piped in to the top of my
carb, not directly to the atmosphere like most do.

Chrome:  You're preaching to the choir, my brother :)  The only chrome
you'll find on my engine is the top of the carb cover.  The inside of my
valve covers were blasted as well.  The only shiny surface on the covers is
the S/S hose clamp holding the hose on the breather barb.  We had long
discussions about this a couple years ago and I'm a firm believer of no
shiny metal/glossy paint in the engine compartment unless necessary.  My
engine is rather boring when it comes to the good-looks department.  I
understand enough about physics and Jim A. is just an email correction away
if I stray :)

Bolt-on Valve Covers:  My preference, just like electronic points.  Yes,
stock is perfectly good but -- amazing as it may seem with modern technology
-- so are some of the after-market items.  VWs were not engineered to be
bored and stroked to 2006cc and put out over 140hp but mine does so not all
the rules apply :)
   Toby Erkson
   air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/