Re: [T3] oil cooler and sagging torsion bars? STORY

Ben,

your question on the cars handling while going so fast is ,
it is no longer as scary as it used to be . It seems secure
now. The only fear I have when going a hundred is that when
there is a curve, mistake, and splatter of Leon , typically
all cars tap their brakes as I do.
It seems more secure than before because I replaced
my severly worn top sway arms, needle bearings,
and thrust bushings. Also I balanced my tires too and oh
what a differece it makes! My tires are 165 R15 's and
stock rims. I am planning to get wider tires for my
'stock height' . What would you recommend ?
wider rims work.?
Never hurts to be more secure on curves.

My front end does not lift up as I thought it would have .
My front is lifted a little higher than the rear, when I turned
one spline up, I am planning to raise the rear one spline up also
to get a better pothole resistant ride height. It feels better a 100
than some of the other cars I used to have , i guess they were
not very good cars anyhow.

Handling seems very good, well to me anyhow.

To get from 60 to 80, it is very quick and to get to 100
from there takes just a few seconds and not as much as people think.
Must be flat road though but on regular hills on my freeways max is 80.

Is redlining the engine a function of oil starvation and internal
engine vibration , if balancing and oil availablity is enhanced ,
would this not raise the redline limit ?? Is this correct ?

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA