Re: [T3] New sensor in..new problems.

On 31 May 2001, at 7:53, Mark Healey wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2001 20:58:37 -0500, Jim Adney wrote:

> >If your system has been switched over to the 72-3 style it will have
> >a throttle valve switch with 5 pins. This would be compatable with
> >the E brain, assuming that ALL the changes were made.
>
> It looks like I have the later style system.  I went to check the
> engine # to see if the P.O. had used a later engine entirly, but
> couldn't find it.  Where is it?

So you have the five pin throttle valve switch. If so you need a late
PS which is not what I have given you the numbers for.

The engine number is stamped into the top of the case just to the
right of the case seam at the rear. There is a flat space there; it is
written from front to back.

> I have the later style black guages as well.  I'm starting to think
> that the P.O. had taken a 71 body and chassis and put in later guts.

The instruments are an easy switch, so many owners "upgraded"
to them when they came across bargains.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org