Re: [T3] Jive Timing...

Subject: [T3] Jive Timing...

>     My question is this, my 009 only provides 10 degrees of advance it
> seems, so, now that its timed to 30 on the advance at idle it's off the
> scale on the fan/pulley...is this dangerous? I hear no pinging, and the
car
> runs wonderfully with a lot of pep, but I'd like to be sure. Any wisdom
> would be appreciated. Thanks for all the help so far.

I took my 009 apart, and the total advance can be adjusted. There are a
couple of verticle tabs on the advance mechanism, that stop the weights as
they come out under centrifugal force. I think that you would bend these out
"just slightly", you could adjust how much the total advance.
BTW, I found that mine only has 1 spring in it. I would be curious if anyone
else has had an 009 distributor apart, and how many springs did yours have.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/