[T3] Jive Timing...

Greetings All...
    After a hectic work month, I finally appropriated some time to tend to
my limping Square. It was having a problem with uneven acceleration,
surging, etc., after my conversion to dual carbs from FI. It was pointed out
to me that this was a timing problem and that my shiny 009 was, pratially,
to blame...given their ill-consistancy in the advance they provide from one
unit to another, and that they should be timed from the advance rather than
from idle or static. Heeding this I reset the timing at 30 degrees from the
advance (though this goes against Muir..). It solved the problem.
    My question is this, my 009 only provides 10 degrees of advance it
seems, so, now that its timed to 30 on the advance at idle it's off the
scale on the fan/pulley...is this dangerous? I hear no pinging, and the car
runs wonderfully with a lot of pep, but I'd like to be sure. Any wisdom
would be appreciated. Thanks for all the help so far.

Keelan Glenn
'71 Square