Re: Re:Decision Time....

Subject: Re:Decision Time....

> So here is the decision I need to make......do I live with one loose head
> stud for the next 6 months or so?
>
> John

If you go for using the '71 engine, you will have to swap the heads, and the
2 center studs on each side. I would also do a valve job, with guides,  on
the '66 heads while they are off. Also possibly replace the cylinder base
gaskets and push rod tubes. This will give you a dry engine to start with,
and only costs you a gasket set.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org