[T3] buying a notch

Hi folks,

	I just joined the list and thought I should introduce myself. My name is Tammer and I live here in Manila, Philippines. I own a '70 bug and am hoping to acquire a Tradback-that's what VW called the notchback over here incase you didn't know.

	I got a lead from a friend from the vintagvw list about a '64 notchback in "O.K. condition". I'm not really sure what that means but he said it still has an engine in it. He also said the owner is selling it for P15,000(US$300). I just acquired the contact info and will give the guy a call first thing in the morning to get more details and to arrange to see the car.

	Any tips on haggling and what to watch out for when buying notchbacks? What should I expect for a US$300 '64 notch? Thanks.

Regards,
Tammer