[T3] [OT] Hate To Ask

i hate to ask on here but its the only news group i know of other then T2 ..
my question is if im going about this with the right thinking ..

my T1 has a bad rusted area around and behind the body support
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/y/type3/cut.JPG

as seen is this picture , as my T1 is a baja and has a 3inch body lift i
think the best method of replacement is to follow the lines of this section
and cut the whole piece out , i have a parts T1 in my backyard that i can
take the other piece from .. so is it best i cut this whole piece out and
replace it ?

Saw it... Wanted it... Had a fit... Got it!

1967 Baja Bug 1679cc
1973 Squareback 1600cc Dual  Solex
1973 Squareback 1600cc FI Parts Mobile
1973 Bug 1600cc