Re: [T3] UPDATE lightened flywheel HELP Need HELP now!

That makes a lot of sense.  I have the correct oil pump, the correct
seals, correct oil cooler, seals with no washers installed.  I do know
that I have the springs under the plungers but will check to make sure
that they are free moving, can I just pull the screws and see if the
plunger falls out freely, or is there something better to do?  I am
going to put a pressure gauge temporarely on the car, screw it in where
the sending unit goes.  What kind of pressure should I be looking for?
Could it be so high that it is blowing the seal out? then pumping oil
out of the engine instead back out the case.

> What I do not get is, if my endplay was set around 7.5 thousandts like

> it was the time before last, why did my engine get so hot at the main
> that it turned my endplay shims blue and melted my seal.  I thought
> that maybe it was too loose, then I set it at 5 thousanths last time,
> and it melted the seal and started sooner.

It sounds to me like these parts really just aren't getting any oil at
all. I don't think melted seals and blued shims could happen if
these parts were bathed in oil. Is your oil pump a proper fit to the
case you are using? Check the oil inlet and outlet holes to make
sure they match well to the holes in the case.

Are the oil pressure plungers free moving and do they have their
springs installed under them? Do you have the correct oil cooler
seals and washers/no washers installed?
-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org