[T3] *tok* *tok* *tok* sound

My car is a '69 FI, MT Fastback.  Just a few hundred miles ago I gave it the 3,000 mile tune-up, including valve adjustment.  I've had the car about a year.  The PO gave me receipts that show an engine rebuild about 20k miles ago.

My daily drive includes a few long, steep hills that I normally travel at around 30-35 mph in 3rd gear at medium RPM.  It's a good load on the engine, and I often slow down and move to 2nd gear to avoid lugging the engine.  In the last couple of days I have noticed the *tok* *tok* *tok* sound when the engine is under this load.  It goes away or lessens if I slow down and shift into 2nd gear.

I don't think this is the pinging that is normally associated with timing or gas of too low octane.  Does not have that high-frequency ballsy sound that I've heard before.  This is definitely a lower frequency *toc* sound.  I don't hear anything like this at idle or at freeway cruising speeds.  Just under heavy load going uphill.

Maybe I'm a worry-wort...  But is there some preventative maintenance I should look into right away?  Or am I just being silly?

-Mark Fuhriman