Re: [T3] Jims muffler mystery SOLVED!

Yes the correct damper fits fine... I was using the non fitting one as an
example if the wrong outlet has been welded in.

> > I picked up another walker muffler at carlisle.. the early one with the
> > small outlet... so I tried to shove a late tailpipe in the small hole...
of
> > course it wouldnt fit but it was WAY too long even if it did fit!
>
> I suspect that if you try the right damper it will fit your muffler just
> fine.

> > SO... Jim has a muffler with the WRONG outlet welded in... no doubt at
the
> > factory...

The outlet is welded into the back muffler half on mine *Im pretty sure*
but Ill look it over carefully again this weekend.
if yours is stamped as part of the back half your right and my theory is not
the answer... Im curious how the got such a long protrusion out of the
stamping though.