Re: [T3] Ball joint boots

On 21 May 2001, at 21:43, Henrik Larsson wrote:

> It is very irritating that I cannot buy new rubber boots! The last
> time I looked at my new ball joints I saw that the boots had some
> numbers molded into the rubber. Maybe this is a standard part and not
> unique to the T3....

I have bought new boots from VW, there is a VW part number for
them, but they may no longer be available. In your position, I would
do exactly what you propose: use the good boots off the cheap
replacement ball joints.

> Some members on the list looked up the front end bearings in a
> suppliers list. Are there any suppliers for rubber parts that could
> have a boot that would fit the T3?

It's possible. I don't know how to find it, though, unless you have
access to someone's stock room full of modern replacement ball
joints.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org