RE: [T3] UPDATE lightened flywheel HELP Need HELP now!!!

> Subject: [T3] UPDATE lightened flywheel HELP Need HELP now!!!
>

> What did you set your end play at?  I don't see how the rtv sealant
> would fix the problem if the other seals had become mangled.  I have
> been putting some assembly oil on the seal to keep it lubricated but
> something seems to be making thinga get tight as it gets hot.
>  If I had
> a trailer, I would probably haul the thing over to the car
> crusher I am
> so sick of it.

When you put the seal in, are you getting it in straight and getting it in
all the way. It should be pressed in until it bottoms out in it's recess. If
the seal is not all the way in, it will rub on the back of the flywheel.

Also, as to the seal between the crank and the flywheel. There either should
be an o'ring, or gasket, not both. And it depends on which crankshaft you
have, as to which you use.

Russ Wolfe

Mahle-Parr Filter Systems