RE: [T3] looking for an item

>but the '71 Type 3 starter switch is listed as different,
>so expect to find some difference.  It may just be the wires that are not
>identical....

You can use the electrical portion from a T1.  I've done it.  But you will
need to do some homemade changes to the T1 switch.  I just soldered off the
T3 wires, then soldered them onto the T1 switch (need to lengthen them 1-2cm
each due to different placement of the poles).  There are some unused poles
on the T1 switch when you are done, some are in a different spot, but I just
replaced like color coded wires with like color coded wires.  Piece of cake
-- 10 minute job.

Works like a charm and I haven't had a problem since I've done it -- 3 years
ago.  You can't tell the difference.

Steve
'71 2.3L Square.

PS -- I have a complete '68 original keyed set up including ignition switch
if someone is interested/needs it.  Handles, locks, et al...