Re: [T3] looking for an item

> If you are looking for parts for your
> T-3, don't forget that the T-1 may use the same part. Don't walk by a T-1
in
> the salvage yard. The upper steering column on the T-3 is the same as T-1
> for most years, from '68 on.

Good advice, and it may be true of many parts (most are listed on the parts
page on the site), but the '71 Type 3 starter switch is listed as different,
so expect to find some difference.  It may just be the wires that are not
identical in how long they are or what termination they have, so will need
some modification.  I haven't got a '71 Type 1 to compare, so I can't be
more specific.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/