Re: [T3] Unleaded fuel and lead replacement fuel

on 17/5/2001 7:35 PM, Simon Glen at simonglen@bigpond.com wrote:

> However, yesterday I met a man with an early 1950s Wolseley 6/80 and for
> every 40litres (8.8 imperial gallons or 7.4 US gallons) of unleaded
> petrol he adds 30ml of two-stroke oil into his fuel tank with a large
> syringe.  He claims that this gives his car adequate upper cylinder
> lubrication.  What do other listees think, especially in relation to an
> air-cooled VW motor built in 1969.
They do sell lead additive products down here in NZ, one of them is called
Wynz. You put half a whole bottle in every tank whenever you fill up with
unleaded. They have had that stuff down here for quite a while, although I
have never used it so I can't say how good it is.

HTH,
Ben Doughney

'71 1302S