Re: [T3] lightened flywheel HELP!!!(PLEASE READ)

On 15 May 2001, at 18:59, Kevin Howlett wrote:

> Has anyone ever had a lightened flywheel cause them any serious
> problems?

They are great for racing but make the car hard to drive on the
streed, still I see no reason why you should be having this kind of
problem just because it has been lightened.

> I started it today and noticed that the darn thing was leaking
> around the rear main again.  I pulled the engine and took the
> clutch & flywheel off.  There were a few little shavings where it
> looked like the flywheel had scraped against the seal but there oil
> around the seal, and the flywheel had been slinging it all around
> inside the transmission case.

It sounds like it is wearing out the seal for some reason. I would
say that either the seal is not being installed fully and squarely in
the case, or there is something out of round about this flywheel.

Is this the proper flywheel for this crank? (non-trivial!)

Is the sealing surface on the flywheel smooth and undamaged?

Does the end play adjust as it should?