Re: [T3] heat for a type3

> > If you want heat in a T-3, just make sure the heater cables are adjusted
> > right, and use the rear seat outlets. At -10F, they will run you out of
> the
> > car at highway speeds. I have set rear floor mats smoldering, on a drive
> > from Chicago to Des Moines in February.
> >
> > Russ Wolfe

One story I heard from a mechanic who used to work at Arrowhead VW in Kansas
City "before water cooled VWs were invented" involved a motorcycle cop who
had brought his SB in to the dealership.  His helmet which was on the floor
behind the driver's seat had a  dent melted in it!  Urban legend? You
decide.
Bob Myers

p.s.  we tried to use boat hull bilge blower motors in a '78 Convert. B*g.
The plastic impeller came loose from the shaft after 1 year.