Re: [T3] "City" lights

> For that matter, you could do the same thing with an
> appropriate resistor in series with the headlights.

Our '89 Jetta has just such a dim-dip system to give something less bright
than headlights when street lighting is good.  It is like the old TV power
resistors in the old days of valves!  I don't know where you would put the
resistors though to dump the waste heat, but I guess it would be less than
the single bulb puts out anyway.  You would want them away from the
reflector and the bowl paint.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/