Re: [T3] Lack of reverse lights nor brake lights

On 14 May 2001, at 16:22, Charles L Navarro wrote:

> I noticed that I had no reverse lights, but my brake lights have gone
> from dim to nothing, although when I turn on my headlights, the brake
> lights are plently bright.just there is no difference btw not pressing
> the pedal and pressing the pedal. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
> what might be the cause of this?

The brake lights and the parking (running) lights use different
filaments and are on separate circuits. It sounds like your brake
lights are not working but your parking (running) lights are fine.

The most common cause of loss of both brake lights is that both
pressure activated brake switches on the master cylinder have
failed. This a common problem in our cars now that they are this
old.