[T3] An idea for the list.

I have noticed lately, that a few people have been looking for reputable
mechanics across the country, or have taken long trips across the country.
(With 30 year old cars). With the availablity and ease of the internet, why
not develop a data base of known good Volkswagen mechanics. I am sure that
the good ones would not be against having their names in a searchable data
base.
I know that Greg is probably overworked on VWTYPE3.ORG, and I know he is
limited on space on the server. I am willing to take on this project on my
web site. I basically have unlimited space on the server I am on, as it is
owned by my son. It is just DSL connection, with lower bandwidth than a T-1
or OC3,  but it is free.
We might even want to add T-3 peoples address (with their permission) so
that if a person is on the road, or new in an area, they could contact a
local T-3 person if they have problems. We could even set it up with
password protection, so spammers couldn't get the data.
Just an idea....

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/