Re: [T3] "City" lights, and new pix

From: "Tom Hansen
> My original equipment Bosch  Euro headlights actually take a small bulb
> inside the lower part of the reflector housing. These headlights actually
> have the aiming/adjusting screws outside the headlight ring. The screws
are
> recessed into the ring, and the bulb is a replaceable bulb from the
> backside. They give out a really nice glow when on,  "parking lights" is
> what I tell people they are. USA folks generally don't hear of city
lights.

Tom,

My Nicaraguan-delivered 69 Notch has the exact same setup as yours.  But
when I bought it, the city lights weren't wired up at all.  I am assuming
they are original, as the P.O. was all about doing a 'factory restoration'.
It took me the longest time (actually, till one of my headlights went out)
to notice they were there.  About two months ago I wired them into the
parking light circuit.  Is that how yours is done?

One more quick one:  I also have a 6V BN(?) heater from my 66 Fastback TS
(read: donor) that I can't figure out how to get going.  It is
factory/dealer installed, but I can't find the switches or knobs or whatever
makes it work.  Any help here?  If I/we can figure it out, it's going in the
Notch.

Thanks,

Freddie Lochner
69 Notch  -  Re-restoration/customization starting this week!  (with
pictures of course)
66 Fasty  -  to putz around in while the Notch is under the knife
http://devoted.to/my69notch  -  not much there right now