[T3] X-Country Fastback Trip & Brake Question

Hello All,
Just pulled in from taking my wifes 70 automatic fastback from Long Island
New York
to Bay Area California, via Virginia & LA. I'm pretty tired but things went
well. Exhaust valves were tight after the first day out, second day out not
as bad, and by the 3rd and 4th day they were maintaining clearance. Changed
the oil twice enroute used straight 40 and it worked out well -especially
across he desert in the middle of the day. Only problem was, I got to about
Virginia and noticed that one of the dual circuits on my brake resevoir was
draining after filling. My front discs began making a horrible noise and took
a long long time to stop the car, and I realized that my rear brakes weren't
engaging at all. I drove the entire length of I-40 without using brakes. It
was a little hairy in there at times. When I pulled into town, I asked a
porshe/vw guy if he'd do the job for me since wife needs the car quick and I
return to work tomorrow. He told me it needs a master cylinder which cost
$550 plus and are impossible to find for automatics. I came home and checked
the rocky catalog and I see they list one for $90 bucks - don't specify
whether there is a unique one for an automatic. I'm just wondering - anyone
corrected this problem before that can give a brief synopsis whats involved?
I have all tools to keep my bus running and experience with bus brake jobs
including servo + master cyl replacement, so I think I could do the job, but
just wonder if I'm in for any suprises. I figure M.C. + pads, rubber hoses,
perhaps calipers/roters.....and?  any comments or advice welcomed...thanks,
- I also think I have a good used M.C. from an automatic squareback - maybe
that would be compatable?

chris
70 automatic fastback
72 microbus