RE: [T3] End play help

I am measuring it while it is all together in the case. I removed the
flywheel seal and took out the existing shims and reinstalled the flywheel.
>From what i've gathered is that the bearing and thrust area of the case is
badly worn :( ! Is there anything that i can do to remedy this with out
taking it all apart and getting a align boring job? ie: runnig with 4 shims?

Eric
1968 VW Blue Fastback
http://www.edinboro.edu/~e153916n/darkside_resto.htm