Re: [T3] distributor

On 12 May 2001, at 21:02, Brian Langhans wrote:

> Can someone tell me if the copper wire that is soldered near the points on a
> 1973 s/b is for the fuel injection points? I just got finished with a tune
> up and replaced the points and plugs, then dist cap and rotor. But it has
> quit running on me as I just walked 1 1/2 miles to get home. The wire is not
> connected now to the upper plate on the distributor. I soldered a londer
> oiece of wire and stuck it under the points plate.

The copper braid is there to assure good contact to ground for the
ignition points even though the vacuum advance moves the 2
breaker plate halves with respect to each other. This part has
nothing to do with the FI. Carbed cars have the same braid.

Check the installation of the points and make sure that they haven't
closed up on you.