Re: [T3] pressure in master cylinder

On 12 May 2001, at 14:28, connie schmitt wrote:

> I don't seem to have any pressure to the front disc brakes
> on my '71 fastback. I can put an air hose to the front brake
> lines and they work but there is no pressure from the master
> cylinder, what could be wrong with it?

Unscrew the hoses from the calipers. Does fluid come easily out
the end of the hose when you pump?

If not, unscrew the hoses a couple of turns from the steel lines on
the inner end of the hoses. Does fluid come out of that joint when
you pump?

If not, unscrew the steel line a few turns where it joins the MC.
Does fluid come out there when you pump?

The blockage is between the points where things seem to work and
where they don't. You probably need to replace the rubber hoses.
They deteoriate in some way internally and block off the
passageway so that fluid can no longer flow easily to the caliper.

This is a rather common problem. I just replaced 2 of these on the
71 I'm working on. Fluid wasn't getting thru either one of them.