Re: [T3] distributor

Subject: [T3] distributor

> Can someone tell me if the copper wire that is soldered near the points on
> 1973 s/b is for the fuel injection points? I just got finished with a tune
> up and replaced the points and plugs, then dist cap and rotor. But it has
> quit running on me as I just walked 1 1/2 miles to get home. The wire is
not
> connected now to the upper plate on the distributor. I soldered a londer
> oiece of wire and stuck it under the points plate. No go. Please help.
> Brian 73 square fuel inj, auto

If you are talking about the braided wire near the ignition points, that is
a ground between the 2 halves of the point plate. With out that ground, you
may not have a good ground on the points. On my '71 distributor, that wire
is welded to the point plate, and across the vac. advance arm to a place on
the lower plate.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/