Re: [T3] piston rings

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Adney" <jadney@vwtype3.org>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: [T3] piston rings

> On 7 May 2001, at 15:59, jack wrote:
>
> > I need help finding a set of rings for 85.96 P&C's.  So far I've been
> > told twice that I'll never find them and to buy a new set of P&C's.
> > The set I have are in good condition and I'd hate to dump them.
>
> If you can't find these, you're shopping at the wrong places. Try
> anywhere from J C Whitney to NAPA. 85.5 should be the easiest
> size to find.

Jim: He says 85.96, not 85.5 That is a bored out  cylinder. First oversize I
think.

I prefer the Perfect Circle with the cast iron compression, and the chrome 3
piece oil ring. I haven't bought any in a while, but I am sure you can find
oversized rings for them. Volkswagen is about the only ones I know that ever
went to the trouble of boring out cylinders. This means that they are
probably the original VW P/C's.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/