Re: [T3] Large rubbber grommet for fuel filler neck?

on 8/5/2001 4:30 AM, Dave Campen at dave@campen.eurobell.co.uk wrote:

> I used a type4 seal on my '68, but the difference was that the t4 version
> has a rubber flap which drops down to protect the paint on the wing
> (fender). Although the flap dropped off after about 6 months anyway......!
I saw in a magazine that I was reading the other day the same thing on a
Porsche 911, I think a 70 or 80 something SC. I can't remember exactly what
year but I remember the article showed a picture of the rubber flap, and
saying it was a very smart idea.
    The people looking for the piece might want to try at a Porsche parts
store.

HTH,
Ben Doughney

'71 1302S