Re: [T3] problem with gas mixing with oil !!!

On 6 May 2001, at 11:51, phil cain wrote:

> I have A 71 sb fresh engine mabe 1000 miles on it,I've
> changed all the fi parts tested with tester all parts
> installed are good,car ran good first 500 miles then
> started mixing gas with oil, have to change the oil
> every 50 to 100 miles,not sure what to do next!,

How well does it run?

Things to try:

Disconnect the cold start valve, first just unplug it, then block off
the gas line.

Measure the system voltage at the battery at med RPM and with
the engine warm (after a drive.) If it reads less than 13.5 V replace
the voltage regulator. It should read 14.1-14.4V.