[T3] Full flow to Go?

Well..

The only response I got to the full flow question was Brain's So Im getting
the impression that there arent many, if any, full flow systems on higher
mileage engines.  and Im getting the idea why...

I talked to one of the engineers at work that knows fluid stuff and he said
that putting an obstruction in line with the oil passage such as the oil
filter is will reduce pressure at the output side, and when dealing with an
oil pump that is not able to keep up at idle can greatly reduce the idle
pressure while with extra capacity at operating speeds will work fine.

Just to see I drove the square and had someone else drive the notch at the
same time, same temp, same oil, and when we were done with the 20 min trip
the square with 73K on the engine idled at 15 psi while the Notch with its
NEW engine idled at 5psi...  not acceptable!

    I Talked with Clyde about it last year but he was of little help...
while the pressure is not going to harm anything now there is NO reserve for
when the engine wears and the clearances open up... heck!  one of the final
failure modes of these engines is to have the oil light on at hot idle... I
fear I will get there long before I should with the full flow.  BTW, Im
speaking of oil pressures measured at the OUTPUT of the oil cooler, where
the sender screws in, which is the bearing side and where you really want to
know... pressures measured before the cooler (which is an obstruction in
itself) will be higher.

    SOOO... I think there is a major drawback to having an oil filter on our
stock oil pumps... and unless someone can come up with another way to boost
my hot idle pressure when I remove the pump to add the sealing nuts Im
serously considering removing the full flow... I think pressure is more
important that filtering as much as I like the idea of filtering.  I cant
see any other way of getting the normal pressure back, its a new case and
everything so there should be no problem.

Anyone think of something Im missing?? opinions? experience? way to bend the
laws of physics??

Thanks!!

Keith