[T3] I'm about to give up.

Everything I do seems to make things worse.  I checked the valves.
They were all pretty close.  The foremost on the right was loose.  The
right rearmost was a little tight.  The two left foremost were tight
and the two left rearmost were on.  I ajusted the ones that were
wrong.  I hope I didn't make things worse.  I ajusted them so the .006
blade will fit but the .007 won't.

After that I ajusted the dwell and retimed it with the light bulb and
tried to start it.  No luck.  Reajusted the dwell and retimed it again
and tried again.  No luck again.  Tried it a third time and it started
but died before I could get back there to hook up any measuring stuff.
Regaped and retimed again.  Again no start.  Tried it a few more times
and gave up until wednesday.  I'm smelling a lot of gas when I do
this.

I gotta rant here.  Feeler guages have to be the most difficult tool
to use, and muirs descriptions aren't much help.  How much friction
are you supposed to feel when they go through?  How do you know you
don't have it slightly twisted or bent thus distorting the
measurement.  Hell, with the damn points you are dealing
with a spring.  AAAAHHH!!!!.

Mark Healey
71 FI auto square
71 FI manual square