Re: [T3] re fuel injection problem continues

On 5 May 2001, at 17:50, Joseph M Evans wrote:

> I kept testing all of the parts I could think of and found that the
> distributor contact points are making contact on one set of points for
> 180 degrees whereas the other contact points are making contct in one
> precise spot.

That could certainly be the problem. Check the contact to make
sure that it is free on its pivot; put a drop of light oil there. Make
sure that there is no dried grease on the rubbing block that is
holding it up. There should be some light grease on the cam and
rubbing block to keep these from wearing. You can bend the fixed
contact slightly to make the "dwell" longer, if necessary. Each
contact should be closed about 180 deg. I don't think there should
be any time when they are both closed.

If in doubt, I can rebuild your distributor.