Re: [T3] Complete Electrical Shutdown

On 4 May 2001, at 16:38, Matt Small wrote:

> The battery is fairly new, maybe 2 months old, so I don't think that the
> problem is that it's not holding the charge...

Probably right, but who knows. Use your voltmeter.

> If the battery was low, shouldn't I still be able to crank the starter
> slowly?  Even after it just dies?

No, the starter is a BIG load, but it should still handle a small load
like the interior light with ease.

> And further, how would this explain the fact that it has "died before" then
> came back to like in the matter of hours, without me doing anything?

Has to be a bad connection.

> Could the problem lie in the fuses?  Is there something that could go wrong
> with them without them breaking?

It isn't a fuse problem. There is no single fuse that connects all the
things you mentioned and there is no chance that you had multiple
identical fuse problems all at the same time, anyway. Besides,
many of these things are not on ANY fuse.

> Regardless, I will charge up my battery up anyway.

Can't hurt, but your problem is still bound to be either a bad
connection in a place that serves the whole car, or a defective
battery. A voltmeter would pinpoint this in an instant.