Re: [T3] Distributor In, can get it to run.

The manifold pressure sensor needs exhaust analysis equipment to set it
right.  You will get close by setting it for 0.2 to 0.5% CO at idle; make
sure it isn't hunting (rise and fall of revs caused by weak mixture).  It's
not a screw for messing about with, but I've not yet been convinced that
this is a magic box that cannot be reset to its previous state - or maybe
even an improved one.  I understand there was a VW maintenance procedure to
adjust this under certain circumstances (possibly only the black-ended
ones).  Maybe Russ can confirm or deny?

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/