[T3] Powdercoating two-tone rims

I want to return the rims on my 63 to their former glory.  There's only one
firm locally who does powdercoating and the owner was skeptical about
getting a god two-tone on anything.  He said that he'd have to try to half
cure the first colour in order that it didn't get overcured when the second
colour was done.  Basically he doesn't want to try it.  I was thinking that
maybe the best thing to do would be to get the rims powdercoated in a single
colour then spray the second colour on myself.  The guy I spoke to felt this
was a good idea.  What do people think about this?

Later,
Andre