[T3] Transaxle boots

Hey everybody. (Im not on my computer, thats why the emails different)

Anyway, i recently bought transaxle boots to replace my cracked and leaky boots.  In the bently, it said to install them in the loaded position... well, right now, the engine is out of my fastback and the car is up on jackstands... does this mean that i have to wait to instill the boots untill i put the engine back in and take the car off the jackstands?  Its so much easier to get to the way it is...
Any thoughts?

thanks a bunch,
Jerrod
67 Fastback